Automakers sharing driving activity with insurance companies

This is no bueno for me. Makes me want to go backwards in technology and not forward. I am seriously considering getting an older vehicle for my next car and rebuilding it in lieu of spending huge amounts on a new(er) car that tracks and shares my info with others.

1 Like

I have an app on my phone that reports certain things to my insurance company (progressive) - hard braking, phone use, etc. I drive so little that I don’t care, but it gets me a discount on insurance. There are some issues though - I have Apple Car Play and I can take calls while driving. It’s hands free and over the cars audio system, but it counts as “phone useage”. The hard braking warnings I get are if I am at one of those times where the light turns yellow and I can either run it (and possibly a red light) or stop. I am thinking of asking them if I should just run the lights so I don’t get the hard braking report.

I am curious about what the Tesla drivers here think. They know where your car is, they know how many miles are on it…they have a ton of information about the driver’s location and actions.

I have an old ranger i am working on. It won’t be a daily but will be fun. I feel like i need to turn in my man card since i am making it less powerful so i can run pump gas.

A dual carb intake on an old Ranger? I assume it didn’t have the stock 4 cylinder engine. AFR, new heads?

It has a 347 stroker. It was built for racing about 15 years ago. I am redoing the engine now for street use. The way it was setup it would only run on 100+ octane. I use to go to the airport and but 100LL. I am taking the current massive ported heads off and taking the tunnel ram off. I have already cammed with a mild cam, and now slightly smaller port AFR heads and I will be running a single 650 cfm 4bbl. I am debating if I will reinstall the nitrous kit or not. I have a mild 150HP kit.

Here is a few pics of the disassembly process of the current engine.

1935267_1044578171016_7182245_n

1 Like

Two thumbs up!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.