Air Fryer

I bought an air fryer last week from Costco ($50) and I don’t see the attraction. A few people I know said they love theirs and use them all the time, it works fine but is basically a small convection oven with a timer. Am I missing something?

Not a game changer, but I use mine quite a bit for smaller things.
It comes in handy

Our new range has an air fryer function. Turns out you have to spend an extra $100 or so for a special tray. I haven’t tried yet.

That’s my understanding. It’s a small conv oven.

In an air fryer the food sits up a little bit so it is cooked all around.
Costco sells chicken nuggets that are basically Chic fil a and it cooks them perfectly.
I have also done a steak in mine and it turned out pretty good (not as good as grilling, but still good).

Take a cookie sheet. Put a rack on it. Place food on rack.

The Just Bare chicken nuggets.

Yep, you can buy the chic fil a sauce at Hy vee

1 Like

Same here. We bought a new range with Air Fryer. It appears I will need a wire like basket and a tray to catch drippings. Had it 6 months and haven’t used it yet. Before I spend $100 I believe I will buy a small separate Air Fryer.

Makes great hash browns.

pre made or homemade?

Didn’t even know there was such a thing as pre made. Of course my wife absolutely refuses to ever use a cake mix. Always home made. Cut the potatoes into 1/2" to 1" chunks. a little coating of oil. About 11 minutes, take out and shake the basket around, 11 more minutes. Season to taste. Absolutely great.

I am somewhat of a fried potato savant in my house, I will have to try this.
Just made corned beef hash last night for dinner, wife and son loved it, I had two over easy eggs on top (they hate eggs).

She just washes the potatoes and leaves the peeling on. Adds a little good, to me anyway, taste.

I like the skin on, wife does not, guess which way I cook them?

Did sweet potato fries in mine last night.
Hard to get those crispy but the air fryer did awesome.

2 Likes

Good to know, one of my favorites. Homemade or store bought and did you spray with oil before cooking?

I tried making pot stickers in the air fryer, it was a failure. Much better steamed and pan fried. Mozzarella sticks, mini quiches and a few other appetizers came out great.

Store bought, just dumped them in, cooked for half the recommended time, shook the drawer, and then cooked for about 2-3 minutes less than it said to cook.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.