About to start a real argument

That’s why businesses gave up on pensions. Someone has to fund it. Trouble is - they were funded back in the day when $12k per year was a decent income, but they are paying out at a rate of $30k to $50k (at least) until you die. I’m only curious to know what great company still has a pension for their rank and file employees. Pretty much every company has a pension plan for executives. Seems like they have a 3 hour vesting period and then their retirement is set for life.

Take that up with the Fed, and the bipartisan political class that empowers & enables it.

Inflationary policy causes theft from the poor by the rich, in countless ways. You can’t blame corporations for this (at least not without sounding like an idiot/communist). They’re reacting to the incentives and pressures they’re dealt, just like everyone.

Again, Fed. I agree with you that this is despicable and tasteless/classless, but these are the compensation packages that are negotiated for those positions.

You’re spending all your time & energy on symptoms and not the root cause.

Nope…I was just commenting about text speak and you launched some diatribe against the arrogant bastard boomers. CU

You were expressing “concern” over it, based on the fact that you saw (probably not even) a handful of résumés containing it.

I correctly observed that is a very boomer thing to complain about, given the realities of linguistic evolution. Watching the younger generation experiment with their own stupidity while forgetting that yours did the exact same thing, except y’all did it with drugs & sex.

And now you’re self righteous enough to wag your finger at them hypocritically. Typical boomer behavior.

It’s real cute, KC. You whine constantly, yet you eagerly see whining in all the conservatives’ remarks where there actually are none. More boomeristic hypocrisy.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.