$1,000 pick up truck

I saw this on Facebook today.

When you have $80,000 in the bank and a paid-off $1,000 work truck, people may assume that you’re broke. However, if you have $1,000 in the bank and an $80,000 financed truck, people assume that you’re doing great.

It’s important not to let material possessions fool you into judging someone.

I bought a $500 truck a couple weeks ago. Its a 88 Ford Ranger. Nope I’m not broke, I am a cheap ass.

I am taking the race engine out of my other 88 ford ranger and putting it into the new ford ranger. I have taken the engine apart and bought new engine parts to make it less radical so I can drive it. I gutted my old ranger to make it lighter for racing. It was easier to buy a different truck and swap the engine than swap out all the stuff i took off the old one.

3 Likes

I am assuming it didn’t run, but you are going to make it run with the new engine.

It was a small 2.9l six banger. Getting upgraded with a 5.7l v8. Also taking the fuel injection off and throwing it in the trash. I am going low tech with points and carb.

I’ve been underestimated almost all my life. Eventually I learned to use it to my advantage in certain situations.

So have most Millionaires Nextdoor.

2 Likes

I can relate to that. :grinning:

1 Like

I used to judge others and worry about how i was viewed. Maybe thats the best part of your 50s, you stop caring about that shit.

It could also be about having FU money. Im going to be in that position in another 6 months. I can’t wait to unload on some of the trans mafia clowns…

2014 Prius V bought for cash and will drive until it or I die.

Far from broke.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.