TV says "No Signal"

The TV in our family room, which had been working fine, suddenly said “No Signal”. Tried rebooting the cable box for it and that did not work. Unplugged and replugged the TV and that did not work. Called the cable company and tried everything they recommended and that didn’t help.

So the cable company is sending a technician to our house on Monday.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I have had that happen once on our TV.
I unplugged for 60 seconds and plugged back in and it rebooted.
You may also hold down the power button for 60 seconds and see if that hard reboots it

We have Comcast cable and have to reboot the box (unplug and replug as parrot described) about once a month. According to what a Comcast tech once told me when they were fixing another issue here, if rebooting doesn’t fix the problem then the box needs to be replaced. You can do that yourself by going to your local Comcast office, but I don’t know what their current prortocols are now.

crparrothead - Thanks for your response. I just tried that but it did not work.

Is it possible that the source accidentally changed (from cable to HDMI for example). If that happens you’ll get “no signal”. Sometimes you can change the source accidently by pressing source button on the remote without knowing it.

That’s my guess, if the input changed from HDMI1 to HDMI2 but nothing is hooked up to 2 then you’ll get the no input message.

It could also be as simple as a bad HDMI cable.
They go bad without warning and they are either 100% or 0%.

Maybe give a call to the Manufacturer of the TV. Years ago, I had a problem with a Samsung TV. Called up and they walked me across some steps on what to do.

Thanks everyone for your helpful advice! The problem has been resolved and I cancelled my appointment with the cable company for Monday morning.

So what was the issue?

The problem was that somehow the source was accidentally changed. However, I am not sure how that happened because I haven’t used the remote for that TV in years and do everything from the remote for the cable box.

Sometimes cable remotes will also do things on the TV. I don’t have cable, but when I did, I recall that certain buttons would change something on the TV, but I could never figure out which button on the cable remote did it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.