This is why capitalism is the best system

Elon Musk is literally able to do things better and faster than the government of the richest country in the world.

Yeah, let’s put him in charge instead of the government. Someone like him could do things faster and better than the current government folks and we could get things going just like a strong leader like Putin’s doing in Russia. BTW, capitalism isn’t a way of governing, it’s an economic system, concepts like democracy or autocracy are the basis of a political system, and both have their strengths and weaknesses. Controlled capitalism, like democracy, may be the worse forms of economics and governance except for all the others… with apologies to W. Churchill. Has the Trump experiment taught you nothing?

I literally called it a “system” in the OP.

Yes, we need way less career politicians and way more people with business sense in the government.

Then why did we elect Trump? How many business failures has he had? I admit, he’s been a marketing genius for his name…but when you stop to think about it, marketing is promising the world to look good, but what your selling doesn’t usually live up to the hype. Kind of like…well…a politician.

I get what you did there!!!

Not going to engage in your silliness.

Can you admit that private enterprise is better at almost everything than the government?

Not me. I think a committee of bureaucrats is the best recipe for making economic decisions.

Some of these people gain their positions by winning popularity contests after duping the citizens into believing they are righteous and wise. Others are appointed by the aforementioned popularity contest winners.

Don’t know how we could possibly go wrong there.

Actually, I think this is the best way to make decisions.

"“If an important decision is to be made, they [the Persians] discuss the question when they are drunk, and the following day the master of the house where the discussion was held submits their decision for reconsideration when they are sober. If they still approve it, it is adopted; if not, it is abandoned. Conversely, any decision they make when they are sober, is reconsidered afterwards when they are drunk.”

― Herodotus

LOL!! Love it

In the early days of the country, some of the biggest protests and riots were by construction workers when their employers didn’t provide the expected amount of beer.

Because he ran against Hillary Clinton.

Well who the hell could blame them??

No. Private enterprise did a dandy job of building roads, bridges, dams, sewers, water treatment plants and all that…but somehow someone needed to fund those things, and it wasn’t the private contractors. We put a man on the moon, and in the process advanced aircraft design…and the private contractors did that with little to no government input…save for the money. The government actually does very little, save for funding the private industry to work on their project.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.