The Easter Bunny

SP clearly would, and he blames only liberals if they disagree with putting 8 and 5 year olds on a city bus. We may have finally identified what makes ME a liberal, I’d recommend parenting classes for somebody that puts young children on a bus alone.

The times have changed, at 9 years old I was a crossing guard in 20 degree weather at my elementary school in Chicago. Maybe 10 times I had a car slide into me in a crosswalk, could you imagine a kid doing that today?

Still see hitchhikers out here, especially on the Rez and the towns nearby.

1 Like

I imagine the Rez is a safe space.

I still remember many of the rides… Good Folks… No Problems.
2 Stand out but I have talked about them previously.

It’s a developmental thing. Some kids can handle it - my 11 & 12 yo not so much. I wouldn’t trust them on a city bus or metro. But I respect the rights of parents who do if their child can navigate without assistance

Free range parents have a point. Our zoning has made our roads more dangerous. If your argument is that we should charge someone with reckless endangerment because someone could kidnap our kids, that is blaming the victim. For getting lost or hit by a car, however, I agree with you

The MSM would like to make you believe that. We are actually safer than in the 1940s as kidnapping is actually lower per capita than then

Our roads are a lot more dangerous. I was amazed how the roads in Houston were so dangerous compared to here in Maryland. There are many places you can walk to here though the setup and zoning could make walking or biking safer for kids

I normally would not call for the arrest of parent of a 5 year old that was abducted on a city bus, losing that child would be penalty enough for most people. On the other hand, if you let your small child travel through a city alone maybe the parent isn’t all that bothered by the loss of a child. I maintain it’s not blaming the ‘victim’ if a young child is abducted and abused…the victim is 5 years old and not capable of making their own travel decisions.

And I like how you blame city planners or ‘zoning’ for the young child being abducted, any coincidence these planners are likely liberal? This is one of many whacked out ideas of yours, that an 8 and 5 year old should be allowed to ride a city bus through Chicago or Indianapolis. You are consistent!

1 Like

Put your 11 and 12 year olds on a bus then…sure they’ll be fine.

1 Like

I think this is a good video to explain my thinking

(Why We Won't Raise Our Kids in Suburbia (and moved to the Netherlands instead) - YouTube)

A couple of things…if the only real fear is that liberals are punishing the victim, don’t teach your kids to be a victim - give them bus fare and send them downtown… To make it like it was when my mom gave me bus fare at 11 years old and let me go to the movies downtown…take away their cell phone. If you are reluctant to do that, please don’t blame liberals.

1 Like

That’s not the liberals fault. Nothing stops those parents from doing that.

Get involved with your local government. IF they were truly infested with liberals, a bunch of money would be spend making streets more walker and cycling friendly. But most conservatives are very focused on the automobile and feel that any money for road improvements should be limited to cars. Go to you city council and county commission meetings to lobby for better sidewalks and bike lanes. Don’t blame a liberal for not having what THEY would like to see.

There is nothing stopping you from sending your kids out alone. IT’s safer than it was in the 40’s after all…don’t let the MSM rule you…SHOW THEM THEY ARE WRONG.

Within the past year, a bunch of cyclists were killed when a kid wanted to “roll coal” on some riders and hit them. Another guy just ran a bunch down and several had to be life flighted. Both things happened in Houston.

Before you bash and blame liberals or the MSM for the ills of bike lanes, understand that part of the “green new deal” that you all like to bash includes alternative transportation AND making cities more walkable and bikeable. Now…instead of bashing it as a stupid liberal idea, whatever happened to looking at it to see if there might be SOME things you agree with. Then get your conservative leaders to push for that.

1 Like

Then move the Netherlands?

I prefer men of actions, not words. Dont tell me to put my 8 year old on a bus when you wont put your 11 year old on a bus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.