Tankless Water Heaters

Water heaters typically only have a life span of 5-10 years.

Vegas with the hard water chewed them up.

I suspect you have pretty good water

My shower heads would disagree. Water is pretty hard here.

You sure you’re getting up to temp? Normally hard water builds up inside and cuts the ability to heat the water.

That’s why they don’t last long in Vegas.

Hmmmm…will test. I haven’t scalded myself recently now that I think about it.

Check the setting to see what the temp is at the run the water and check it with a thermometer.

It won’t be spot on but fairly close.

It’s important you have hot water to clean dishes etc. that and it just feels damn good.

Absolutely get a timer for the pump. I only keep the timer on during the hours we’re awake. Combined with the thermostat, my pump only comes on for a minute or two, maybe a couple of times an hour. It only takes one or two minutes to circulate water through the house, and then the pump shuts off.
Our place is two stories, and the water heater is centrally located, which is why the system works as well and economically as it does.

If you run out often, it’s worth it. I had a teenage girl when I had one. She had a friend that love to take baths. They would sit in there for hours draining and filling the huge tub. A normal heater wouldn’t have been able to do it.

That’s why I wouldn’t get one. Lack of hot water is sometimes the only signal teens will understand. Tankless just means they’ll keep draining my wallet all day long.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.