Seeing the same movie decades later

I saw the movie On Golden Pond in 1981 when it was a new movie. At the time I was in my early thirties and thought it was just okay. However, when I saw it again on TV tonight I thought it was one of the best movies I have ever seen.

It is interesting how your stage of life affects your perception of a movie. I have found a similar situation when I reread a book that I read decades ago.

2 Likes

I’ve found that some movies I thought were great years ago are just meh when i watch them now. Although some do bring back memories of when I first watched them like you do with some songs.

1 Like

Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstein
Shaft
Porky’s
Animal House
Airplane

I could name so many that are fantastic movies that could not be made today

2 Likes

Watched Dead Poets Society recently with someone who had never seen it. Great film, still mostly holds up.

1 Like

Ironically, during Covid, my son and I watch Stallone’s Over the Top, and had you asked me about it before we watched, I would have said it was just a cheesy 80’s movie.
But watching now, it really was well made with good acting.

Stallone was good, but it kinda was a cheesy 80s movie, but with some nice moments.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.