Ranking the eight NFL coaching vacancies

I started a thread on that. There is an article which discusses those texts. They have absolutely nothing to do with the Gruden suit. Gruden filed that lawsuit well before Joe Judge was fired and the Giants started looking for a new head coach. Where did you get anything about Gruden here?

My wife is the only person allowed to say that.

1 Like

I just saw it earlier. Thought it came out as a result of the Gruden suit.

And Jim Harbaugh is staying at Michigan after all.

Any ideas of how that 9 hour interview went?
The only info seems to be that Harbaugh did not get an offer from MN.

It seems these heavy handed coaches seem to do better in college. The Millionaires will not put up with it.

Belicheck seems to be an exception… but it seems to have caught up with him as the Brady relationship seems to have fallen apart.

I think the last two years have proven who the talent in that relationship was.

IDK. Brady won a SB, but Belechick just took a rookie QB and a team that doesn’t have that much talent to the playoffs. And, he’s not done. It’s not either or.

The articles I’ve scanned were inconclusive as to whether he got or declined an offer. I was hoping he would leave.

Everything I have read says that he never got an offer. The Athletic also has an article that says that Harbaugh went to the interview assuming that an offer would be made while the Vikings had not made any decisions and that Harbaugh had to interview just like all other candidates. Apparently around mid-day it became obvious to both parties that it was not a good fit, though the article did not elaborate.

It also talks about they really vetted all of their candidates and how Kevin OConnell impressed them. That is how a coaching search should go.

And, if this report is to be believed, Leftwich has taken his name out of consideration for the Jaguars’ job.

Once again, I like that he knows his worth and won’t just take any job.
And TBH, would you trust a GM that hired Urban Meyer?

Shad Khan hired Urban Meyer.

Per your link;

“Baalke remained in the role in 2021, and oversaw the hiring of Urban Meyer, who lasted 13 games before getting fired.”

Baalke oversaw the hiring. Shad Khan was in love with Meyer and honed in on him. Baalke may have finalized everything, but he did not make that decision. There are a lot of reasons to criticize Baalke, but hiring Meyer is not one of them. That speaks to the owner, which is a red flag in itself.

Edit: From April:

Fair enough, but any incoming coach would have to look at that.

Here is one column about how screwed up the Jacksonville Jaguars organization is.

I mentioned before that Baalke is considered a coach killer and has a record of surviving power struggles while coaches get fired or move on. I don’t blame Leftwich at all for not going to Jacksonville.

My son and I were talking we would like to see Drew Lock go to Tampa Bay.
Leftwich is a better coach than he was a QB, he may be the type of guy to get the most out of a QB like Lock.