Most quotable movie

Ditto! One of the best buddy movies ever. Amazed you haven’t seen it.

For me, 1969 was the year of Easy Rider and Midnight Cowboy. I just never got around to seeing Butch Cassidy.

Saw Easy Rider, thought it was weird, never saw Midnight Cowboy.

@jimtoo - I loved Midnight Cowboy. When I saw Dustin Hoffman in that movie shortly after seeing him in The Graduate I was very impressed by how well he acted in two very different roles.

Dustin Hoffmans daughter was in the acting club at the UN school while my daughter was a student there, even though my daughter was much younger. This was during the early eighties after he had many other opportunities to show how talented he is. At the time Dustin Hoffman came to the school to watch his daughter practice and gave suggestions to the other students in the acting club. Everyone said he was a very nice man in spite of being a famous actor.

That’s understandable. It was a movie of its time and for its time.

Met him once at an event when he was campaigning for McCarthy in 1968. The Graduate had just come out and he had not yet adopted the movie star persona. I am not tall at all, but he was shorter than me.

Probably why Tom Cruise worked with him in Rain Man

This was actually one of my favorite lines in that movie

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.