Meatloaf

I post way too much political stuff. I apologize as I can get carried away with that stuff

How do you make your meatloaf? I use meat, oregano, Italian seasoning, Italian breadcrumbs, relish, paprika. Then I mix it together. I then put 1/2 in the cooking pan and then layer Parmesan and mozzarella or Italian and Parmesan cheese. Then I layer the last 1/2 on top. I wait to add the sauce

If it’s 2lbs, I cook for 100 minutes than add sauce on top then cook for 20 minutes. If it’s 1lb, I cook for 60 minutes than add sauce and cook for 30 minutes

I buy the meatloaf and mashed potatoes meal at Costco and cook that.

1 Like

Relish? That’s a new one to me.

I have my kid making one meal a week. He made meatloaf a while back.

1 Like

Couple of ingredients that you may want to add are onions and eggs. Also seems as if you may be overcooking it a bit. If you don’t have one, get yourself a meat thermometer.

1 Like

Ditto on both ingredients. Eggs help it bind together and onions add flavor.

And always garlic. More garlic.

1 Like

Thanks I forgot to mention the 2 eggs.

But I will think about adding onions and garlic

I also add a package of meatloaf seasoning, like this.

1 Like

Yes my grandma’s recipe. Gives it a sweet taste

I (my wife) always add a packet of onion soup mix (we do for chilli too).

1 Like

Not meatloaf, but meatloaf adjacent.
I have made this a few times, better have a defibrillator around if you eat more than one peice.

Bacon Explosion.

Do you use ground beef or meatloaf mix (combo ground beef, ground lamb, and ground pork) for your meat loaf?

Have to disagree, I like old school meatloaf made with beef, veal and pork. Veal is getting harder to find and more expensive, but the flavor is excellent. Very roughly 50% beef and 25% each pork and veal.

2 Likes

Is it good? When my son was playing sports in high school we tried Costco’s stuffed peppers, enchiladas, rotisserie chicken Alfredo pasta and the chicken tacos. They weren’t bad for a quick dinner, my son liked the chicken tacos the best and they were ready in 5 minutes.

1 Like

I’ve made something like that, a 1lb roll of sausage seasoned with your favorite BBQ rub and wrapped in bacon. They call it a smoked fatty.

1 Like

I have found almost all of Costco’s quick cook food is really good.
As an aside, I also bought the Kirkland brand of wedges for my golf game and they are excellent.

1 Like

My kid uses the Kirkland balls, I’m not sure who makes them but he’s says they play fine.

They’re better than frozen or fast food and most ready in an hour.

I think it is Bridgestone, but not 100%.
Oddly enough, they also made Nike balls when Nike tried to get into the golf business with Tiger.

1 Like

I use the onion soup mix with ground beef when making hamburg patties.

2 Likes

I used to season my burger patties.
But lately have just been using salt an pepper on the outside right as I put them on the griddle.

My husband is on a low sodium diet because he was afflicted with congestive heart failure a few years ago as a life threatening side effect from the chemo he was getting to treat his Amyloidosis. So when I make meatloaf I do a few things to reduce the amount of sodium it contains. I mix the meat with unsalted seasoned bread crumbs, no salt added tomato sauce, garlic, and various Italian seasonings. Then I put the remaining tomato sauce on top of the meatloaf before I bake it.

1 Like