Little things to make you happy

Both. Another purpose of prison is to rehabilitate, which I believe our system fails horribly at.

There is a whole world of psychological assessment & individually variable strategy of rehabilitative approach that we could explore, if there was any will to do so.

A big part of the problem are the citizens/voters themselves, who are mentally disengaged from this issue & often carelessly & callously regard all prisoners as human garbage simply because they were convicted. That is the wrong attitude.

Some prisoners are innocent. Others are serving ridiculously excessive sentences. And most are ordinary human beings with potential, who simply had inadequate parents or bad social influences as teens.

I like the foreign model you mentioned. Integrating them into society when able is a great idea.

There is a show called world’s toughest prisons or something similar. They show that prison and how it works. It was really interesting.

I was laughing though because one of the complaints is that the guards won’t come to hang out with the prisoners. They wanted to make the guards some lunch.

One thing I thought was cool, the prisoners had to make their own meals. It was to teach them how to function outside of prison.

One thing prisoners used to do is grow their own food in gardens, and the surplus would be sold at market. Now some places feed them cheap crap like soy & some of them end up with digestive disorders.

My GF worked at a prison in Nevada. Sometimes she would have to help with food prep if the inmates were in lockdown. She said the quality was atrocious.

Some of the meat was marked, not for human consumption. Most of it was low quality produce or meat.

I am conservative but damn, feed the people like they’re humans. If nothing else it saves money in medical bills.

When I worked in the Prison system in Nebraska we had a hobby shop where inmates could learn and make different things and sell them.
Literally nobody with a hobby card ever got a major write up because they would lose their card.

Looking at football ability alone, anybody who says that he would choose Tebow over Kaepernick as a quarterback is either willfully spouting BS or really dense. As MCarley alluded to, Tebow is now being signed as a tight-end.

We discussed Kaepernick a lot on the CHB. He had a good start to his career, but, as often happens, defense caught up to him. When that happens, a quarterback either has to adapt and grow his game or he will be regress and go nowhere. The latter happened with Kaepernick. With that said, he was serviceable as a back-up and I do not doubt he would have been signed by somebody had he not decided to start kneeling during the National Anthem.

Note: My above comment does not mean Kaepernick was somehow entitled to be signed. He was not, as I made clear on the CHB as well.

I agree with that. However, Kaepernick wanted starter money and to be a starter, which kept him from being signed. I think he did this on purpose, he could afford to, he was still getting paid by Nike, if he was signed his soapbox wouldn’t be as big.

Neither of them belong on a team, both suck at football.

To be clear. Nobody was comparing the two. They were speaking about each player by themselves.

Sometimes I’ll listen to people talk football even though it’s not my thing.

Basically they felt both players were more hype. They were famous for other things and not their ability.

The thing is, he was never offered a contract, period. As I said earlier, had he received even one offer he would have had no basis whatsoever to file a collusion grievance. Normally a quarterback in his position would have been offered some type of contract as a back-up, even if he felt he deserved more.

Correct, but he was in talks with several team, his demands were simply too high for negotiations to go anywhere.
The interesting thing is, he was very close to signing with Baltimore until his racist girlfriend insulted Ray Lewis. That is the year Flacco got hurt. Kaep would have been the backup instead of Lamar Jackson.

The first few posts in the board referred to the one who could play and the one who is willing to prove he can still play. Those are both implied comparisons.

I agree with you on Tebow but disagree with you on Kaepernick. Tebow was all-hype, and I could never for the life of me understand what the big deal was. I have no idea why any franchise would have wanted to sign him. Kaepernick had a good start to his career and had done something. He just could not sustain it.

People need a sense of purpose.

You keep making things up. He never demanded starter money, or to start. He got zero offfers, including as a backup.

Correct, even given the most menial jobs, many inmates took them extremely serious and took pride in their work.
We also had a “factory” that was tied to Lucent Technology that made multi port phone jacks. It was the most coveted position in the prison. After I left they started using minimum security inmates to build pre fab houses, I don’t know if they still do that.

He was in negotiations, but they went nowhere.

Cite the team or teams that he was in negotiations with but where they went nowhere.

You never said anything like that on the CHB when discussing Kaepernick and his grievance either. If this had happened, the NFL would have been waiving this as proof that they did not collude. That never happened.

Because he sucked.

They could try obeying the law and being productive members of society, that would give them purpose.

Look at his win-loss record the last 2 seasons he played and you’ll see why.