Freezing cookies

My favorite bakery which makes the best marzipan almond horn cookies will be closing permanently at the end of the month. I plan to buy them before they close and put them in the freezer.

I know that they freeze well for a few weeks because I have done that in the past when I have left over cookies but I don’t know how long they can stay in the freezer. Does anyone know how long I can keep marzipan almond horn cookies in the freezer?

Ask them for the recipe, I’m sure they’ll be happy to share it

1 Like

I know that cookie dough will last last well over a year.

1 Like

Not in my house. :smiley:

We just bought $80 of cookie dough from a neighbor girl, it makes pretty good cookies.

After a while the cookies placed in the freezer will lose some quality. How long is that? Depends on how well the cookies have been packaged and also that the freezer temp is around zero degrees or so.

1 Like

So, here is the quick story.
My daughter was making molasses cookies that called for 1/4 cup of molasses.
She misread it as 1 1/4 molasses.
So it was SUPER runny. We ended up fixing it by adding 4 times the other ingredients, but then had 4 huge batches of cookies.
We wrapped them in wax paper and then plastic wrap, and they froze really well, it was probably two years later when we finally used the last roll.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.