Does anybody else see a problem with this pricing?

When my kid was in grade school and junior high I’d stop and get a couple Little Caesar pizzas, bread sticks and 2 two liters of pop for like $20 for his buddies after school. Not good pizza but cheap and the kids didn’t care.

There is another mom and pop pizzeria a little bit further away that we also go to sometimes. I asked them to split a pizza into thirds once and the person there said they wouldn’t do that since it was too difficult for the staff. Later, we were there another time when the owner was there. She told me they would do whatever we wanted and she did not understand why they would not accommodate us that last time.

Yeah, it’s crappy pizza, but my teen doesn’t care. We have several mediocre pizza places in our town, no great ones.

It’s a fundraiser dude! The people that work the concession stand aren’t actually getting paid.

Pizza is like sex, when it’s good it’s really good and when it’s bad it’s still pretty good.
:smiley:

I laughed at one of the idiotic tweet comments - “The pizza industry has known this for years but kept their studies hidden.”

I think the formula for calculating the area of a circle has been around for a fairly long time.

Devils advocate, it sounded like the person behind the counter was rude and that is why wmj left, not the actual price.

I wouldn’t say that she was rude. However, I did not appreciate being told that I had to pay a price that flat out did not make any sense at all. Why should I pay $6.00 for a combination that would cost me $5.50 if I order the items separately?

Maybe it is just me, but I do not appreciate it when somebody tries to use pricing on me that, in my opinion, is not appropriate. As another example, many years ago when I was living in Korea I had some copies made at a store. When I went to pay for them the lady gave me change that did not add up to the total due. When I asked her about it, she said she rounded the cost of what I had purchased up and had given me change based on the rounded-up price. I told her I wanted the correct change.

True, the overall amount in both cases was piddly, but in both cases they were trying to get more out of me than what was appropriate. I do not appreciate when people do that.

I also recall many years ago when I knew a guy who ran a market and I would occasionally help him out. When he would ring up beer sales he would add a redemption value that was a small bit higher than what the correct amount was. When I asked him why he did that, he admitted that he knew it was the higher number but that it was so small that the customers wouldn’t notice the difference.

Edit: I forgot to say that, in my opinion, actions like this reflect on the ethics of the person selling the products, no matter how piddly the actual amounts may be

They can tell you all about CRT. Math… not so much.

Sex…I remember it fondly.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.