Can Letitia James read?

Then in the salon owner example I used it would be fraud.

If the bank gave him a lower rate that’s between Trump and the bank, why does the AG give a fuck?

What is “supposed to” supposed to mean?

Like the rate the lender would have hypothetically charged here if the lender had actually done the appraisal? The same lender that is not seeking any damages whatsoever?

You are reaching to an extreme degree here. I think you would justify & defend any action against Trump no matter how ridiculous or petty. Orange Man Bad.

2 Likes

What party to this lawsuit was a victim of fraud?

1 Like

If you have $5M collateral you get one interest rate; $100M you get a lower one.

And yet the “victim” aka. the bank is not complaining. So once again where is the state’s standing in the case with no victim?

They are suing based on the language of NY law, which appears to make the act of providing false financial info illegal whether or not there is a complainant. Their basis appears to be the volume of information they allege to be false. I haven’t read the entire law, but I have to wonder if reliance on that information by a lender is a requirement and whether numerous disclosures of unreliability of the information are a factor. That may be a factor for the judge, or jury, to decide.

1 Like

Good luck with hat. It would mean every politician will be in jail as they always promise some tax cut or tax hike will do something at some cost that is never accurate.