Best Way to Buy a New Car

By that time the market may make a turn.
You could probably get a good chunk for your Camry (or did you trade it in?).

Get more hobbies and you’ll use a truck. As long as I still need a way to transport my paddleboard and bikes and need something that can handle potholed dirt roads, I’ll own a truck.

I have a bike rack and my kayak will fit in my Cherokee.

I have a truck that I use for truck stuff. Living in the country, there is always a need. I don’t daily drive it because it gets impressively bad gas mileage with the dually crew cab with V10 engine. I drove it the last 2 days and I spent about $150 in gas. This weekend we start our summer of pulling the travel trailer. We have about 2 trips per month booked.

China is 2 for 2. So thankful we have Democrats controlling the WH & both congressional chambers.

I traded it in. Only got $1,300, which is on the low end of the KBB range, but within the range.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions :grinning:

I went thru a 20 year period where I was buying just Trucks. The last vehicle I bought is a passenger vehicle. What I did buy also is one of those small utility trailers that I hook up to the car.

I probably only use it 3 or 4 times a year. Much rather do that than have a Truck.

The only problem I have with the Cherokee I bought is that the towing capacity is only 2200 lbs.
My wife is passively looking, we will buy her a new car in a year to 18 months. I am making sure I check the towing capacity on everything she looks at.

I too have a small utility trailer that I use way more than my truck. My 4x6 2000# rated utility trailer is used far more then driving my gas guzzling truck. It works great for most regular stuff like appliances, small furniture, and most hardware store runs. I also use it a lot for motorcycles and lawn mowers. I used it a lot behind my 4 banger camry. Now I use it behind the 17 rav4 and my caravan. If I think I can use the utility trailer, I opt for this over the F350 dually with 9’ flatbed. IMO, the bigger factor when towing these small trailers with small SUV or car is the wind resistance more so than the weight. Just a few days ago, I towed 12 sheets of 4x8x.75 treated plywood and for 80# bags or rocks on my trailer. That was total of 1,160# plus the weight of the trailer for all in weight of about 1400#. No issue and pulled just fine at highway speeds behind the minivan. The same weight load in an enclosed trailer or pulling something like a refrigerator is a completely different animal. I typically remove my fold up gate because the extra wind resistance is noticeable.

I tow a lot of trailers. I own a 4x6 utility (2000#), 16’ car hauler (7000#), 14’ horse trailer (7000#), 20’ horse trailer (14,000#), and 32’ camper (7000#). In addition to this I have other specialty use trailers and farm trailers. I almost have one for every task but I do need to add one more to my fleet to be complete. I need a ~35’ deckover (14K-20K) trailer for the big stuff so I don’t have to rent one when I need one.

One additional thing to consider if looking for vehicle that will also be towing. Avoid the CVT transmission.

Its a public company

There are still bargains out there as they all need to sell cars. The issue is that supply is getting pinched because of the chip issue.

I did all my research and using Edmunds.com knew the invoice. The $1,000 rebate was only know by the dealers not on the website. The demand for Mazda’s is not high but it is still a great car company.

I felt good with the price, knew what my trade was worth on the market and knew they were under valuing it by using fair in KBB not good. I got multiple quotes and did learn if the dealer has the car on their lot they are more willing to cut a deal.

In future I will add the line about any installed dealer ADM’s so I will know what they are trying to add to the price.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’ve had my CX-5 for a little over 2 years and it is the best car I have ever owned. I just love the way it looks, drives and feels. My daughter and son in law took it to Texas a couple of times and could compare it to his parents Subaru Crosstour. He said the Mazda is much more luxurious and comfortable to drive.

This video can either be boring or fascinating…it’s the Mazda assembly like in Japan. I was amazed (shocked) at how few humans are used in building these