Another boneheaded athlete kills an innocent person through his stupidity

Typical reporting accuracy.

That may be true…the tail lights don’t look like a Prius. It’s just odd that the roofline bent right at the door post.

All reports, including the police report, call it a RAV4. I’ve never seen a car that has been hit by someone going 140 mph, but the rear end doesn’t seem as damaged as I would expect, but it may have been the angle it it. From what I understand, the poor girl burned to death.

It looks like it was hit on the side.

What’s especially stupid regarding this incident, is that the football league is well aware that 20 something year olds, with millions of dollars, is a recipe for trouble. That’s why they offer free rides home for their players, even by limousine, in an attempt to prevent such tragedies.
Someone must not have been paying attention when they were told about drinking and driving.
That poor young lady was only a few blocks from home. She never stood a chance with the insane speed that the vette was going.

Ruggs is an adult and is 100% responsible for his actions, not the NFL, Raiders or anyone else.

I don’t think Pscot is saying this incident belongs to the NFL or anybody else. If anything the NFL is working to end this kind of thing among players. Lots of awareness programs and training the NFLPA has a number any player can call at any time to get a ride home. I’ve used a similar program and I’m not even a player, it’s called Uber.

The NFL has workshops for rookies for this type of thing.
It amazes me how many get caught for even the smallest things like weed possesion.

Yeah, but it’s hard to impress the ladies in an Uber.